Looking for some niche blog examples as a source of inspiration?
Then look no further.
My team and I analyzed hundreds of blog niches, and today I want to share with you the top 12 blog niche examples you should consider.
These niches are not based on “fads” that will be here today and gone tomorrow. These are “evergreen” examples that have had a consistent demand for more than five years.
What is a Blog Niche Anyway?
A blog niche refers to the specific topic or subject matter that your blog is focused on. It's the central theme that drives the content you create and the audience you attract.
Choosing a profitable blog niche is important because it can help you establish yourself as an authority on a particular topic, and it can also help you attract a loyal following of readers who are interested in that topic.
When choosing a niche market for your blog, it's important to consider your interests and passions, as well as the needs and interests of your target audience.
Your niche should be something that you are passionate about and have knowledge and expertise in. It should also be something that has a large enough audience to support a successful blog.
Ultimately, your blog niche will play a critical role in the success of your blog.
By choosing a niche market that you are passionate about and that resonates with your target audience, you can create a blog that is both engaging and profitable.
Toward the end of last year, we collected hundreds of profitable blog niche topics and decided to create a “profitability filter.”They had to pass the following criteria:
- Other blogs, podcasts, and YouTube Channels with decent activity
- Proven to make money (books, online courses, memberships sites, etc.)
- Not too much competition
- Not too little competition
- Evergreen topic (not a fad)
- Affiliate products exist for this topic
We ended up discovering 89 examples of blog niches that met our criteria. Below are twelve blog niche examples that passed from our list.
Niche 1: Classroom Management
A good niche market to pursue is often one that solves a problem for a group of people. Take, for example, school teachers. They go to college to learn how to be knowledge experts in their field of study.
Not long after they begin in the classroom, they realize that knowledge is only one part of the equation. Managing a classroom is just as important. They head to Google, podcasts, and even YouTube in an effort to find better classroom management strategies.
That scenario presents a profitable opportunity. A great example is Linda Kardamis’s blog Teach4TheHeart.com. Seeing this growing need, a few years ago she released a simple online course, Classroom Management 101.
Today, she works full-time with her blog. She’s gone on to create multiple online courses, books, and more. Classroom management is a great example of a niche blog.
Niche 2: Budget Travel
What about niche ideas in the travel industry? Anything related to saving time and money can also be popular. Budget travel is one of those topics. Aspiring travelers are always looking for deals.
What makes this a solid profitable blog niche is the various ways you can earn income.
You could earn money via sponsored posts, affiliate programs, courses on budget travel, PDF travel guides, or getting paid to be a travel consultant.
A great example of this blog niche is TravelingBroad.com. Amy Stark is creating an ever-growing resource through her persistent blogging on this topic.
She even has a 7-Day Adventure Awaits Email Challenge to help people get started.
Niche 3: Stock Investing
Stock investing is a popular niche for bloggers who are interested in finance and investing.
Stock investing blogs can cover a wide range of topics, from individual stock analysis and portfolio management to macroeconomic trends and market news.
By focusing on a specific area of the stock market, you can offer readers a unique perspective and attract a dedicated following of investors who share your interests.
For example, The Motley Fool is a popular stock investing blog that offers analysis and advice on individual stocks, as well as broader market trends and news.
The blog is known for its straightforward and accessible writing style, making it a great resource for investors of all levels of experience.
Other potential niche blog ideas within the stock investing category include:
- Dividend investing: A blog that focuses on dividend-paying stocks, offering analysis and insights into different companies and industries, as well as tips for building a diversified dividend portfolio.
- Options trading: A blog that focuses on options trading, offering tips and advice for trading options contracts and strategies for minimizing risk and maximizing returns.
- Value investing: A blog that focuses on value investing, offering analysis and insights into undervalued companies and investment opportunities.
- Cryptocurrency investing: A blog that focuses on investing in cryptocurrency, offering analysis and insights into different cryptocurrencies and blockchain technologies, as well as tips for trading and investing in this emerging market.
By creating a niche blog within the stock investing category, you can establish yourself as an expert in a specific area of the market and attract a dedicated following of readers who share your interests.
Niche 4: Business Travel
When it comes to choosing a blog niche, you should also consider topics with an egoic label.
Simply put, an egoic label is a self-given title by a certain group of people.
For example, a “Road Warrior” in the business travel niche.
Business people who travel are always looking for tips and resources on how to better manage their life while on the road.
Bryan Paul Buckley’s blog at EliteRoadWarrior.com is a great example.
He is using the power of podcasting to reach his market. He is also creating online courses, group coaching, and a membership site to help better support road warriors.
Niche 5: Parenting Plan
Resourcing and supporting people who are in a new stage of life can also be a great blog niche market to pursue.
A solid example of this is parenting. Not just new parents, but parents who are moving into new parenting stages.
Cory Peppler of ParentingDigital.com seeks to help parents manage the chaos of technology in the lives of their kids. Many parents are fearful and feel powerless when it comes to managing their kids’ use of technology.
This drives parents to seek out answers, tips, and solutions online. Cory also uses a free 7-day challenge to grow his email list. It’s called the 7-Day Online Safety Challenge for Parents.
Niche 6: Pets and Pet Care Tips
When it comes to pets and pet care tips, there are endless possibilities for niche blogging topics.
Instead of creating a generic blog that covers everything from dogs to cats to hamsters, consider focusing on a specific area within the pet care niche market that addresses a particular concern or interest for pet owners.
This can help you stand out from the crowd and attract a dedicated following of readers who are passionate about the same topics as you.
For example, Travel Paws is a blog that focuses on pet-friendly travel.
This niche market combines two popular topics – pets and travel – to create a unique and engaging blog. By focusing on travel with pets, Take Paws offers a specific area of interest that appeals to pet owners who enjoy exploring new places with their furry friends.
Some other potential pet care niche blog ideas include:
- Holistic pet care: A blog that focuses on natural and alternative treatments for pets, such as acupuncture, herbal remedies, and essential oils.
- Senior pet care: A blog that offers tips and advice for caring for older pets, including information on nutrition, exercise, and health issues that commonly affect senior pets.
- Pet photography: A blog that showcases beautiful and creative photos of pets, as well as tips and tutorials for taking stunning pet photos.
- Pet adoption: A blog that focuses on pet adoption and rescue, featuring success stories, adoption tips, and information on animal shelters and rescue organizations in your area.
By narrowing your focus and creating a niche blog within the pet care category, you can attract a dedicated following of readers who are passionate about the same topics as you.
Niche 7: DIY and Craft Projects
When it comes to DIY and craft projects, there are countless possibilities for niche ideas.
Instead of creating a generic blog that covers all types of crafts, consider focusing on a specific area within the DIY and craft niche that you have expertise in.
For example, Sewrella is a popular blog that focuses specifically on crochet.
By narrowing her focus to one craft, creator Ashleigh Kiser has been able to build a loyal following of readers who appreciate her expertise and the high-quality blog posts she produces, along with social media content.
On Sewrella, readers can find patterns, tutorials, and inspiration for all types of crochet projects, from blankets and scarves to hats and baby items.
Other potential blog niche ideas within the DIY and craft niche include:
- Knitting: A blog that focuses on knitting projects, patterns, and tutorials.
- Paper crafts: A blog that offers tips and inspiration for creating beautiful and intricate paper crafts, such as cards, invitations, and origami.
- Upcycling and repurposing: A blog that showcases creative ways to repurpose and upcycle old items into new and useful creations.
- Woodworking: A blog that focuses on woodworking projects, techniques, and tools.
By narrowing your focus and creating a niche blog within the DIY and craft category, you can attract a dedicated following of readers who are passionate about the same craft as you.
Niche 8: Music Lessons
When it comes to music lessons, there are a variety of instruments and styles that can be covered in a niche blog.
While some music blogs offer lessons on popular instruments like piano or guitar, there are many other instruments that could benefit from focused and detailed instruction.
By creating a niche blog that focuses on a specific instrument or genre, you can attract a dedicated audience of readers who are interested in learning more about that particular area of music.
For example, the website Recorder Classroom is a niche blog that focuses specifically on the recorder, a woodwind instrument that is commonly taught in elementary schools.
On the blog, readers can find a variety of lessons and resources for playing the recorder, including sheet music, finger charts, and instructional videos. By focusing specifically on the recorder, the blog has been able to establish itself as a go-to resource for anyone looking to improve their recorder-playing skills.
Other potential blog niche ideas within the music lessons category include:
- Ukulele lessons: A blog that offers tips and tutorials for playing the ukulele, a popular and easy-to-learn instrument.
- Saxophone lessons: A blog that focuses specifically on the saxophone, offering lessons on playing techniques, scales, and jazz improvisation.
- Music theory: A blog that offers lessons and resources for understanding the principles of music theory, including notation, chord progressions, and rhythm.
- Classical music: A blog that focuses on the history, composers, and performance of classical music, offering lessons on playing specific pieces and improving technique.
Niche 9: City Guides
City guides are a popular type of niche blog that focuses on providing readers with insider tips and recommendations for exploring a specific city.
By creating a city guide blog, you can offer readers a unique perspective on the city you live in or know well, and provide them with useful information on the best places to eat, shop, and explore.
For example, I Love Memphis is a popular blog that focuses specifically on the city of Memphis, Tennessee.
The blog offers a variety of articles on local music, food, arts, events, and sports, all written from a local perspective. This allows readers to get an authentic and insider look at the city and discover hidden gems they may not have otherwise known about.
Other potential blog niche ideas within the city guides category include:
- Family-friendly activities: A blog that focuses specifically on family-friendly activities and attractions in a particular city, providing tips and recommendations for parents traveling with kids.
- Outdoor adventures: A blog that offers recommendations for outdoor activities and adventures in a particular city, such as hiking, biking, and kayaking.
- Historical tours: A blog that focuses on the history and culture of a particular city, offering recommendations for historical tours, museums, and landmarks to visit.
- Nightlife and entertainment: A blog that focuses on the best nightlife and entertainment options in a particular city, including bars, clubs, and live music venues.
By creating a niche blog within the city guides category, you can establish yourself as an expert on the city you live in or love to visit, and provide readers with valuable and unique information on the best places to explore and experience.
Niche 10: Niche Sports
Niche sports blogs are a great way to appeal to a specific and often underserved audience.
While mainstream sports like basketball and football receive a lot of coverage, there are many other sports that have passionate fans who are looking for in-depth coverage and analysis.
By creating a niche sports blog, you can offer readers a unique perspective on the sport you love and attract a dedicated following of fans who share your passion.
"Ultimate Frisbee HQ" is a blog dedicated to the sport of ultimate frisbee. It covers everything from game strategy and player profiles to equipment reviews and tournament highlights.
The blog also provides resources for new players, such as training tips and rules explanations.
This blog is a great example of a niche sports blog because it focuses on a specific, lesser-known sport and provides in-depth coverage and analysis for fans of that sport.
Other potential niche ideas that you could start a blog with include:
- Rugby: A blog that focuses on the sport of rugby, offering analysis and coverage of international tournaments, as well as tips and advice for players.
- Surfing: A blog that covers the sport of surfing, offering tips and advice for beginners, as well as coverage of major competitions and events.
- E-sports: A blog that focuses on the world of competitive video gaming, offering news, analysis, and coverage of major e-sports tournaments and leagues.
Niche 11: Green Living
Green living is a growing trend as people become increasingly aware of the impact of their actions on the environment.
As such, it's also a popular niche market for bloggers who are passionate about sustainability and environmental issues. Green living blogs can cover a wide range of topics, from green technology and sustainable fashion to zero-waste living and environmental politics.
Some bloggers make green living the main topic of their blogs, dedicating their content to educating readers on ways to live a more eco-friendly lifestyle.
For example, The Good Trade is a blog that focuses on sustainable fashion and ethical living, offering blog posts and advice on how to make more conscious choices in fashion and beauty.
By focusing on these specific topics, The Good Trade has been able to attract a dedicated following of readers who are interested in sustainable living.
Other potential blog niche ideas within the green living category include:
- Zero-waste living: A blog that offers tips and advice for living a zero-waste lifestyle, including tips for reducing waste in the home and on the go.
- Sustainable travel: A blog that focuses on sustainable travel, offering tips and advice for traveling in an eco-friendly way and highlighting sustainable travel destinations.
- Green technology: A blog that covers the latest trends and innovations in green technology, including renewable energy and sustainable transportation.
- Environmental politics: A blog that focuses on environmental politics and policy, offering analysis and commentary on the latest developments in climate change and sustainability.
Niche 12: Health and Fitness
Health and fitness is a broad category that encompasses everything from nutrition and exercise to mental health and wellness.
It's a popular niche for bloggers who are passionate about living a healthy lifestyle and helping others do the same. Health and fitness blogs can cover a wide range of topics, from workout routines and healthy recipes to mindfulness and stress management.
Some bloggers make health and fitness the main topic of their blogs, dedicating their content to educating readers on ways to improve their physical and mental health.
For example, Fit Bottomed Girls is a blog that focuses on fitness and healthy living, offering workout tips, healthy recipes, and lifestyle advice.
By focusing on these specific topics, Fit Bottomed Girls has been able to attract a dedicated following of readers who are interested in living a healthy lifestyle.
Other potential blog niche ideas within the health and fitness category include:
- Yoga: A blog that focuses on yoga, offering tips and advice for practicing different types of yoga, as well as mindfulness and meditation.
- Running: A blog that offers tips and advice for runners, including training plans, injury prevention, and race recaps.
- Plant-based nutrition: A blog that focuses on plant-based nutrition, offering recipes and tips for transitioning to a plant-based diet.
- Mental health: A blog that focuses on mental health and wellness, offering tips and advice for managing stress, anxiety, and other mental health issues.
Niche 13: Start an Anonymous Blog
Sometimes it makes sense to just start an anonymous blog. Sometimes people start a blog with a pen name because they don't want their employer to know about their side hustle.
Whether they are trying to make some extra cash or just find a creative outlet, creating an anonymous blog is the way to go.
Niche 14: Start a Christian Blog
Are you a religious person and want to share your faith with others online? Consider starting a Christian blog.
Whether you want to reach non-religious people, write your own devotionals, or publish articles defending your faith, the Christian niche is a great one to explore.
Niche 15: Create a Movie Review Blog
Have a passion for movies? Then you should consider starting a blog about reviewing movies. Whether you realize it or not, you can monetize a film blog in many ways. And the best part is that new movies are coming out weekly for you to review!
Niche 16: Start a Disney Blog
Do you have a passion for all things Disney? If so, you should consider starting a Disney blog. You get to create content about everything Disney does, and you can make money too!
You can earn money as an affiliate by sharing Disney travel tips, earning display advertising revenue on your site, and more!
Niche 17: Start a Fashion Blog
Have a passion for fashion? If so, you can build an online business with your love of fashion. The best way to get started is to create a fashion blog, narrow it down into a niche, and then attract traffic through publishing blog posts.
Once traffic is rolling in you can earn money by ay of display ads, affiliate income, or even sponsored posts from fashion brands.
Bonus Niche: Start a Photography Blog
If you love photography or already have a wedding photography business, you should consider starting a photography blog. This is a great way to earn additional income beyond booking photo sessions with clients.
Google Trends: A Useful Tool
Maybe you wonder, “But how do I know if my niche market is a good one to pursue?” You can use a free tool called Google Trends to get you started.
You want to find a niche topic with consistent demand over five years or more.
I added five niche blog examples I mentioned above to Google Trends to show you what I mean.
Below is a snapshot of what I found.
See the consistent demand over time? Now let’s compare that to fidget spinners and the keto diet.
See how much more volatile these niches would be?
We want steady demand over time. Bottom line: when it comes to choosing a blog niche, you want a long-standing, profitable niche to build your business on.
Hopefully, these twelve niche blog examples have shown you just how possible that is for you!