How to Easily Capture Blog Title Ideas Using WordPress
One of the biggest challenges that bloggers face (both old and new alike) is adding new blog posts on a regular basis. Whether it is because we do not feel inspired to write, do not know what to write, or simply do not have the time to write, writing quality blog post on a regular basis can be quite a challenge.
In a moment, I am going to share with you a WordPress plugin that can help you with this dilemma, but before I do here are some other ways that you can capture blog title ideas:
- Use a whiteboard and jot down blog title ideas
- Have a handheld recorder when you are on the go (or use an iPhone app)
- Place a 3×5 card in your wallet or purse
- Capture ideas in Evernote
- Use the editorial calendar WordPress plugin
- Use WorkFlowy.com as a way to capture title ideas
The point I am trying to make is that you need a system for capturing ideas. You do not have to use all of the ideas above to be effective. In fact, the simpler your system the better.
To overcome writer’s block you need to fill up your funnel with blog post ideas ahead of time.
Do not wait until you are staring at the blinking cursor on your computer to decide what to write. If you need a jump start, read our post on 20 Types of Blog Post Ideas You Can Use.
The Post Ideas+ WordPress Plugin
If you want a simple solution for writer’s block that works right inside of WordPress, then try the Post Ideas+ WordPress Plugin. This allows you to have a central place inside WordPress where you can capture your ideas.I know some of you might be thinking that the drafts feature inside WordPress can do this. Sure you can use it that way, but here are some highlights of the Post Ideas Plugin:
- You can see a running list of ideas right on your WordPress Dashboard
- Your writers can view your list of blog title ideas inside WordPress
- You can list ideas without making them actual posts
- You can prioritize your ideas in order of importance (1-99)Below is a short video that I created showing you how I use the Post Ideas+ plugin. If you cannot see the video below, watch How to Easily Capture Blog Title Ideas Using WordPress directly on YouTube.
Question: How Do You Capture and Manage Blog Title Ideas?